About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Always Something!

Now that the fuel issue is being addressed, I will have the opportunity to install a new exhaust riser. If you recall the old riser blew a hole through the elbow before we reached Bodega Bay. While there I made a temporary fix with JB weld. Since it had to be removed to access the injection pump through the companion way, I will install the new one now.

Of course any time you repair something on a boat, there is always something else you discover needing attention, or repair. This time was no exception to that general consensus. Yesterday when I leaned over to set the old riser down in the cockpit, I leaned on the wheel and as it turned I heard a snap deep in the hull. When I turned it backwards it repeated itself. Okay, I know the problem, as I have dealt with it before. The cable end is catching on something. I will have to deal with that before we leave. Seems like it is always something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment