About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Monday, January 30, 2012

Coyote's going fishing/sailing

For the last week I have been trying to get the boat ready to take out for a couple of weeks of sailing/fishing with my long time friend Crazy Coyote. He will be arriving on the afternoon of the first. Wow that’s only two more days and I still have a lot to do. I will have to make this short and to the point if I hope to be as ready as possible. Last week as I approached the end of my “to do” list the inverter stopped working. Long story short…sometimes it works, putting out 110V and sometimes it doesn’t. After I run the generator introducing 110V to the system it will work for a while. Then it will stop again. I shut down the generator last night at around 6pm, so it has been working normally now for over twelve hours straight. Jim is bringing a small inverter down that can be wired in to get 110V access. In that way we will be able to get internet and weather forcasts. Jim will also be able to charge his phone.
The next issue was the refrigeration system. The freezer works, but the refrigerator does not! Roger the refrigeration man spent eight hours with me working on it yesterday, but we still can’t figure out why it doesn’t work. He is busy all next week and Jim & I will be out fishing/sailing for the next two weeks so he repair will have to wait. I just pray that nothing else breaks down. I guess we will have to use ice to keep the fish fillets cold.
Once we leave La Paz it could be ten days or so before I post in the blog again. Hopefully we will have many photos of big fish, dolphins etc. Gotta go to work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment