About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wash-down Pump

Yesterday I decided it would be a good day to install the wash-down pump that I bought about three swap-meets ago. It is a vane pump which is far superior to a diaphragm pump and should give me more than enough pressure. I cleared everything out under the sink, discarding about half of what I term "unnecessary" treasures.

I like to do as neat and compact of an installation job as possible, so I made a list of the plumbing necessary to do so. With list in hand, off I went to town, via the Dink and my sneakers. I went to four Marine stores and a hardware store and was still empty handed. That is with the exception of my list. One would think that in a town of almost 300,000 people they would have a store that carried a plastic, or bronze, or copper, or galvanized 1/2 T with 2 hose ends and one threaded. Two of those and I would have been in business. Since the morning was wasted, except for the exercise, back to the boat I went with my trusty list still in hand. When I arrived back at Wind Raven, I dove into the stern lazaret where plumbing supplies lurk, and come up with some semi reasonable substitutes. With these in hand I discarded my want list. I wonder, is that why they call it a "want list" because ya still want it after spending half a day or more trying to get it? It does seem that way sometimes. Oh well, long story short, it is installed and actually works, so far!                                        

I had intentions, or should I say delusions, of taking a photo of said installation for your perusal, but it was too dark under there.I know what you're thinking, turn on the flash, right? I did, it didn't, and I don't wanna talk about it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi folks-it's me JewDee back in the good ole USA---terrible trip--delays, missed flights but met some very nice people at the LAX and some not so nice people too-such is life everywhere. Good to be home with my daughter Moriah and her family......Peace and love from my heart to Jay and Wind Raven for a wonderful (almost) year of communing with my favorite beings-the DOLPHINS of Baja California Sur

    ReplyDelete