About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Adios Judy & Best Wishes!

My computer has been down for several days, so I took it to Todo Pc in La Paz on Jalisco st. They completed the repairs including converting the Spanish to English on my GoogleEarth navigation program. Tonight when I booted it up and went to Google Earth it was back in Spanish. Go figure! Well now I get to walk back to Todo PC again for the third time, which is a five mile pluss round trip, with a growing blister on my left foot. I just can’t seem to find any good walking shoes that don’t tear up my feet, no matter the cost. I have bought five pair so far and they all give me blisters. The last pair were Crocks at over $50 for the pair. It’s not really the shoes fault, as I have a much larger right foot, so if I get the right shoe to fit the left shoe is loose and I get blisters on it. I used to have boots custom made, but at five to nine hundred us dollars a pair, that is not an option any more. Although I haven’t actually priced custom made shoes or boots since I have been here in Mexico I’m sure they would be too expensive.


Tomorrow I will try to remember to take my camera with me and take some photos. My mind has been way too full with problems of late and it seems that no matter how hard I try to remember everything I’m supposed to accomplish while in town, I always forget something. Today was the third day I forgot to pick up my laundry, as it was the last “to do” on my list each day. Yeah, I got distracted by an excellent hamburger at a place called ‘The Shack” where Judy and I had lunch. We both agree that they have the best ever. Judy put her name and date on the wall where many others have done so. I guess it is for nostalgia purposes in case one returns in the distant future. I didn’t write mine on the wall, it just kind of goes against my grain. Besides I’m not planning on ever leaving!

Speaking of “The Shack,” tonight they have darts starting at 8pm. If I am still awake and feel energetic enough, I will dinghy in and go watch. Hell, who knows, I might even get up enough nerve to throw a few. It has been over twenty years since I have thrown darts competitively. I guess that makes me just another “has been.” Judy said she is too tired from the walk today, so she will stay on the boat if I do go. Later…… Well I went and embarrassed myself….Boy am I rusty!

Judy has made the decision that she doesn’t like Mexico enough to be separated from her daughters and grandchildren. She will be flying back to Portland, Oregon on the eleventh of this month to live. We are having some friends over this weekend for a going away dinner. We splurged and bought another Mexican spiced chicken like we had on New Years, yum- yum. I sincerely hope she is happy in Oregon, and has my best wishes always!

As a result of Judy’s departure I will be single handing Wind Raven in the Sea of Cortez. That is until I can find someone who is interested in acting as crew with me. I will be trying to find someone, male or female who is preferably bilingual, with sailing knowledge, or at least capable of hands on learning with the ability and willingness to take on the challenge without complaint. It would also be required for them to share living expenses. I would also like all of you to know that you are welcome to come down to visit, sail, and fish if you so desire. Simply contact me either through the blog or my e-mail (honquesp2@yahoo.com) and let me know when you wish to come down for a visit/vacation.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's pretty big news but not entirely unexpected. It was pretty obvious that she missed her family. Good luck with that single-handing. Hey, I know! There's this guy, Mick, maybe he'd be your crew. Or maybe Basil.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a four letter and a three letter word combination I have reserved for you when we next meet, Steve-o!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see, boss-man, cool-guy, boat-bum, hmmm... Can't seem to think of any others that fit.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it were April 1st I would be laughing but it isn't so I must say "Bummer". Like Steve said I could tell she missed her kids. Hope she finds happyness in Oregon and you have some luck finding a crew mate. I will email you in a few days on what is new here.

    ReplyDelete