About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Monday, January 16, 2012

Swap Meet

Yesterday was the monthly Cruisers Swap Meet held at the Don Jose Marina here in La Paz. A lot more cruisers showed up this month than usual. I did pretty well this time, but after three swap meets I still haven't gotten rid of my "Pelican Waterproof Laptop Computer Case." It's a great case, but just takes up too much space that I would rather use for something else. Maybe next month.

The bay side


 Yes, unfortunately I will be here in La Paz at least until the end of February, because I am having my FM-3 renewed. I will start the process on the 23rd and am using a person that does all of the paper work for me. That will take a lot of stress away, I don't speak Spanish well enough to do it myself. Next Thursday I will go in to get my CULP (don't ask!) that is required to get my medical insurance. Friday I will be accompanied by a bi-lingual Mexican lady to get my full coverage medical insurance that covers everything for under $200 a year. I also have to get my senior discount card that is honored at most retail stores etc.

Inside the entrance


I have also contacted an experienced lady sailor in the UK about crewing on Wind Raven. I am able to single hand Wind Raven, but feel that it would be much more prudent to have someone else aboard who is capable
of taking over in case of any emergency. Hopefully I will be able to find someone by the end of the month, as soon after I wish to head out of La Paz. I spoke to Judy this morning after sending her copies of the correspondence with the UK lady and she said that the UK lady had her vote!

Winding down!

My display after much was sold, but before the radio, coffee urn, and walkie talkies were sold.

1 comment:

  1. Smart move about getting an agent to do your FM3 paperwork. We've decided to do the same thing. We'll start the process next Monday. Guess I'd better look in to the health insurance and "geezer's" card too.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete