About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Friday, April 27, 2012

FOLEY'S REAR MAIN SEAL

The rear main seal arrived yesterday in a 12"x 12"x 12" box via UPS. Now I ask you "why would Foleys put two 3/8" x 5 1/4" strips in such a large box? These two strips would fit in a small envelope. The shipping on this two pound box, (two pounds because they threw in a "free" worthless magazine) cost me $79.95 for shipping and handling. The only thing I can figure is that Foleys gets a kick back from UPS or a relative owns the local branch.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THE SIZE OF THIS BOX?

I would think that this greedy company would be satisfied with charging $ 119.00 for two $5.00 strips of braided rope. I guess they must justify their ridiculous handling charge by the big box and the worthless magazine.To top this off, there was an extra import charge of  369.07 Pesos ($27.64 USD).
INVOICE + SHIPPING & HANDLING


On the good side, I can now either fix the oil leak here or do it up North. Either way I will have to risk being caught in bad weather at anchor without a working engine. I want to leave La Paz, but will most likely stay for long enough to make the repair. I guess I'm just not a risk taker anymore. Believe it or not, I used to live on the wild careless side of life. Funny how life becomes more precious as you get older.

IMPORT TAX


The Dolphins have been visiting me every day for the past couple of weeks. I found out that they raise and train their young here in the bay. I have been trying to get some good shots of them in the air to no avail. Last night I went out and six, yes six Dolphins came bursting out of the water side by side as if they were racing. No, I didn't have my camera, but what a shot that would have made. By the time I got it they had stopped jumping, but I almost got these two later.

ALMOST CAUGHT THESE TWO

A FEEDING FRENZY?

1 comment:

  1. If it goes on anything that floats it will be x3 normal cost :-(
    It looks like there is going to be a lot of dolphin and wale activity this year.

    ReplyDelete