About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Amigos & Amigas

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon preparing a large enchilada type casserole, and all a cart tacos, burritos and salad fixings, for some local Mexican friends and two cruising friends. Pretty gutsy, making Mexican food for Mexicans, huh! My guests were, of course Anibal & Aldonsa, Irene, and some friends from Australia, Drew and Shelly on Born Free. Sorry, but I was too busy to take photos, but all in all, I think it turned out well. It was quite interesting with such a variety of people, cultures, and language differentiation. Anibal is bilingual and was our translator when needed. Aldonsa claims to speak very little English, I say "claims" because she seems to miraculously understand my English at times. Anibal has noticed this feat at times, with some trepidation, I might add. Irene, who speaks almost no English. Drew with his heavy Australian accent and Shelly who speaks a little Spanish. I was quite pleased when I received compliments on my Mexican food from these local Mexicans. As far as I'm concerned, that's about as good as it gets!

Drew traded dinghy's with me yesterday, so they could go sailing in the Bay. They went down wind and current when they left. You know "Murphy's Law," The wind died and I had to go rescue them. They were trying to paddle back against the current with the rudder on one side and the center board on the other. They were actually making progress, be it a mite slow. I suggested that next time, they might consider taking the oars along! All in all, it was a great day,especially ending it by "Breaking Bread" with some great people from different cultures.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Jay, I miss the dolphin people AND your great culinary skills! (heavy sigh!) JewDee

    ReplyDelete