About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Old Friends

Last Sunday an old friend (Lorenzo) drove down from Santa Ana to visit. It was the first time we had seen each other in thirty years. He brought his wife (Karen) of ten+ years who was originally his High School sweetheart. A delightful lady who fit right in and was liked by all. We walked downtown to a restaurant next to the aircraft carrier Midway where they treated us to lunch and some great conversation. Lorenzo and I did a lot of reminiscing of old times and past brothers that are no longer with us in body, but will always remain in our hearts. We had a great day with them and hope to see them again in the Sea of  Cortez if they come down to visit as planned. In the past several years I have managed to locate several people that I was once very close to. Unfortunately, in doing so you also learn of those who are no longer with us. But the effort is well worth it, as there is no other feeling quite so good as connecting with long lost brothers & sisters.

Yesterday I started installing the new wet exhaust hose that runs from the wet muffler to the check valve and then out the stern. This time I only found one other problem that needed to be remedied, which is dfinitely an improvment. Yep, the bronze two inch check valve wasn't working. This being a somewhat spendy item I am attempting to repair it, as upon inspection I found that the nut holding the flapper on was missing. Figure that one. Oh well, it should be an easy repair. Notice I said MIGHT BE. You see, I havn't removed the nipple from the end of it yet. It is soaking in an anti corrosion liquid at present. This nipple must be removed to access the flapper, as the inspection cap is really ceased tight and I don't have access to a large vise. Today will tell the tale.

Judy is up now, so must go start my day. It's 6:45 am already. Time flys when you are having so much fun. Have a great day, and make an effort to get in touch with the old friends you lost touch with over the years. It really is worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment