About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Electrical Drain

It seems that I might have inadvertently gotten lucky and found the source of my battery discharge. A couple of days ago our #1 bilge pump ceased to operate. When I tried to remove it, I discovered the electrician had not left enough slack in the wires to raise it out of the bilge. As the wires were traced back and the holders removed I discovered a wire spliced into the main positive feed to the pump. I followed this wire to its source, the alarm. I thought nothing of this until the next morning when Judy said "hey the batteries are up to full charge this morning." Now that was a first. It seems that the wire leading to the alarm is the culprit. I will check this out further today when I install the new bilge pump. Hopefully, this will finally resolve the most prevalent electrical problem.

We have been concerned with the possibility of having our outboard stolen due to its popularity with thieves. As a result, we painted it the most putrid florescent green you can imagine. Today we will compliment it with Judy's Native American designs, painted in an equally disgusting florescent orange. The reason of course is to discourage would be thieves, not to piss-off the Indians. Judy is very proud of her Native American Heritage. Even to the point of expressing it in such vivid colors.

Tammy delivered 24 gallons of water to us yesterday, and drove us around to the stores. She has been such a sweetheart. I don't know how we could have managed without her help.    She has a beautiful spirit, and is a very gracious lady. It makes me proud to call her my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment