About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Friday, September 28, 2012

TIME TO EMPTY THE BILGE!

The weather here is a bit wet, due to the spin offs from hurricane Miriam. It was thunder and lightening yesterday, 60% chance today, and 90% tomorrow. The rain is good, but I could do without the lightening, since Wind Raven has that big lightening rod sticking up about fifty feet in the air! Makes one a bit nervous and concerned about the electronics. I have been putting them in the oven and the microwave. They claim it will protect them from destruction. Hmmm, I wonder just who the hell "they" are? Anyone Know?

Well it looks like it is going to take awhile to sell my Harley, as the market is really bad. As a result I have been doing some research on the Max Prop that I removed from Wind Raven. The prop sells new for $3,100. It can be reconditioned at PYI, and the hub can be re-bored to fit a larger shaft if needed. I am going to contact PYI today for an estimate. I will then be able to set a reasonable price on the prop as is. In case anyone might be interested, here is the prop info.

PYI
MAX PROP
70mm 3 BLADE CLASSIC
FITS 1" SHAFT ( but can be safely re-bored to fit larger shaft)

I also have a new condition Hooka with accessories, I can part with among several other items. Maybe some of my fishing rods, I really don't need twelve.
One way or the other I have to get the v-drive repaired or replaced. I'm just not too fond of being held captive, and at the mercy of the weather, by a dysfunctional v-drive! SO, I'm working on it!

3 comments:

  1. I thought the Max Prop worked best of all the optional props---I forgot why you took it off---remind me....if you can get a good price it sounds like the way to go....got a line on more work for me-will endeavor to help Wind Raven out when I have a better cash flow. Dodge those lightning bolts, Jay!!!!! JAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you were glad when Miriam fizzled, and Norman, too. No fun to be sitting with a more or less disabled engine but fortunately, the worst of the hurricane season should be about over.
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve,I'm always glad to see any hurricane fizzle out. They just aren't very nice, ya know? I hope they are over, at least until I become mobil again.

    ReplyDelete