About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Friday, August 10, 2012

COMING ALONG!



It is now the 6th of August and I only have a few small chores left that must be completed before I splash. It is not that there isn’t much more that I could do, but I just can’t justify spending money on aesthetics when there are more important issues to be addressed in the near future. I did price having the side of the hull sanded and painted from the waterline to, but not including the deck. It was a shock when he said it would cost $1100. I decided to do it myself on the hook later. I will just have to find a nice calm cove to do it in.

REPAIRED RUDDER EDGE




Domingo, the person doing the bottom job hasn’t shown up for the last three days. He should be here today; at least that is what I was told by one of his workers. The bottom is about 1/3rd sanded. The rudder edge had fiberglass showing, so I put some Marine Tex on the edge to cover it.


SANDING GOING VERY SLOWLY

The four ball valves on the cockpit drains are ceased and after soaking in a gallon of WD 40 for four days, they are still ceased. I decided that at $150 each, they can stay ceased. I will just put new hose and double SS clamps on them for now and hope for the best. They should be fine, as long as I keep a close eye on them. They are basically inaccessible anyway. If one should fail, I would have to plug it from the outside anyway. I wanted to remove them and install an above the waterline discharge pipe through the stern, but that will have to wait until I make my second million. I gave up on making my first when I heard the second was much easier to come by.


I THINK I HAVE PROBLEMS?

Dale is supposed to haul out at 1pm today. I haven’t heard from him in a few days as the internet has been down here. In fact it still is, so I have no idea when I will be able to post this. I guess I will just mosey down to the lift dock after lunch and see if he’s around. Then again maybe I should ride into town and see if I can raise him on the portable VHF and ride over with him to help with the lines. Man, there sure is a lot more to think about when you are a single hander. Just having another person aboard to help with lines alleviates much of the stress.


EVEN THE FANCY ONES HAVE EM!

LIKE THIS ROTTED THROUGH HULL!


It is now the 9th of August. Dale hauled out and I spent the 7th and 8th helping him get ready to go back tothe USA to make more fun tickets for his cruising kitty! They are still sanding on the bottom and the sides of the boat. I ended up having to go to Gabriel and complain about the lack of work being done on the boat. About an hour after I spoke with him Domingo showed up with several workers and actually put in a days work. Today they are slower again, but said they would be ready to paint it this afternoon. That is yet to be seen.

GUARD HOUSE RISING!


THE NEW YARD WITH A NEW GUARD HOUSE!



No comments:

Post a Comment