About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Friday, July 27, 2012

REFRIGERATION

To solve the problem of the bad copper tubing leak I removed the 12V valve and installed it in place of the 110V valve that was leaking. I then wired a cigarett lighter plug on it and just plug it in manually when I need to cool the refrigerator side of the box. It now works. All in all Ron did a good job and spent many hours on it that he charged me very little for. He and his Mexican wife are very nice people. When they were over today I showed her my salsa book and she spent a good two hours copying down recipes. I think she liked it!

I now have COLD beer, SOL a very low alcohol beer with tomato & clamato juice, sprite, and Ice water in the frige! I can even FREEZE fish now.

Met a nice couple from Scotland here in the yard a couple of days ago. They also have cutlass bearing issues!

Tomorrow I will attack the fiberglass issues, if it doesn't rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment