About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Friday, August 10, 2012

ALMOST THERE!



Today the 10th was paint day. Yep, they actually painted today. It's been a long time coming with a lot of BS from the painter. Night before last he failed to tighten the jacks back up before he went home. The wind came up around 2am with lightening, thunder and a shitload of rain. The boat started rocking, something it is not supposed to do on the hard, so I went out in the rain & lightening and had to tighten all of the jacks, as they weren't even up enough to touch the hull. Much less support it. The next morning when I confronted Domingo about him not putting tension back on them after loosening them, and that the boat had been in danger, he just laughed. That night after he left I went out and discovered that he had failed to tighten four of the jacks up again. They were a good three inches away from the hull. The weather was a repeat of the previous night, but this time the jacks were tight, due to my diligence, not Domingo's. When I confronted him in the morning he denied loosening them and said it was the rain that did it. I informed hi that they were loose before the rain and I tightened them back up.

SANDING

EPOXY PRIMER!

68% COPPER HARD BLACK!


PORT SIDE!


Tomorrow the paint under the jacks, the touch up, and a little sanding will be completed, which will just leave three spots on the bottom of the keel to do before I splash! If they fail to tighten all of the jacks up again, I will file a complaint with Gabriel at the Marina and also write an account of the experience for Latitude 38, to warn other cruisers of the non-professional habits of their workers at Marina Guaymas!
Unfortunately, this is about the only marina left where one can do their own work.

GUARDA  JAVIER!

3 comments:

  1. The boat looks really nice. Too bad it is all going to be below the waterline. I know, someone had to say it ;-) I will keep you posted but my window is slipping off until something like the end of October.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it might be a repeat of last year. If so we will go a little south to where the Tuna are hitting. It's about 30 or 40 miles south of La Paz.
    I just returned from the paint store in Guaymas, where I picked up the epoxy primer for the sides, or the top. I will probably do the cockpit and deck first, but that will be at anchor somewhere, not here. It is too hot and humid here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuna sounds good. I will bring throw away clothes and expect to get enough paint on them that we can burn them before leaving. Yes, I will still get some of the paint on the boat.

    ReplyDelete