About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Thursday, July 12, 2012

CATCH-UP

I am going to try and catch up on my travels since I last posted on the blog. Let me say first that I have tried make posts, but I could not access the blog. Someone or some thing changed my password eleven days ago and I just got it changed to a new password and now have access once again.

ON OUR WAY

LET-N-GO IN PLAYA EL BURRO



I arrived safely at Bahia Concepcion and since it was only 1pm I decided to search the various anchorages for Dale on Let-n-Go. I finally located him in the third anchorage ( Playa El Burro ). This was a bussy anchorage along side of Highway 1, which runs from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas. The semis were very noisy. The beach was packed with little Palapas that looked more like mini houses to me, and they were about eight or ten feet apart. That is what I came down here to get away from, so as a result, I didn't care much for Bahia Concepcion. Too city-fied for me. We left two days later and headed for Guaymas.


LOOKING AT YA!

INTERESTING SUNRISE REFLECTION



The sail? not, the motering to Guaymas was okay, but would have been much better if the wind predictions would have been correct. I lost a Dorado on the way over, which was okay, because my refrigeration is on the blink again and he was way too large for two people to eat. Later I landed a smaller Dorado which was delicious, I might add!

REFLECTIONS OVER DOLPHINS


WILEY SAYING 'COME ON"

On the way over at night I was entertained by Dolphins in the phospheresant water. It was an amazing thing to watch. They would shoot up under the bow, turn on their side and look at me, all the while lighting up the water, and then they would shoot forward and jump five to six feet out of the water right in front of the boat. Of course I would cheer them on and then one or two at a time they would come back, turn on their side to look at me and when I would cheer them on they would repeat their feat. They did this for at least 45 minutes before they left. However they returned after daylight and did a short onchore turning sideways to look at me on the bow each time. It made the trip very special.

THATS ME IN THE LOWER CORNER

HERE'S LOOKIN AT CHA!

When we approached the mainland, we could see a lot of lightening and dark clouds, due to the full moon. Let me just say that it was a beautiful display of fearsome lightening, that frankly I could have been perfectly happy to live without. Dale sailed through it to Guaymas. I being the coward I am, layed 25 miles off shore and let it go by, before approaching the area. I just don't have any desire to enter an electrical storm with my mast acting as a lightening rod.

PRE-STORM SUNRISE


GOING IN AFTER THE STORM



The next morning I sailed to an anchorage inside the point before entering Bahia Guaymas. The following morning we motored into Bahia Guaymas and anchored not far from Marina Fanatur. We spent some time provisioning in a great market, got some ice and retired to the boats, as we were exhausted.

JUST AN EARLY MORNING FRIEND!


I contacted Gabrial at Marina Guaymas and made the arrangements to haul out! To be continued!

1 comment:

  1. Love the sunset pictures and the dolphin pictures bring back memories.

    ReplyDelete