About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Sunday, March 25, 2012

VALADORES DE PAPANTLA


I went to lunch with Anibul at a place that serves goat meat Mexican style. We had our choice of wet or dry meat. We ordered the wet, which meant that it came in the form of a soup. There was a lot of meat in the soup that was very tender and flavorful.  I think that I need to get a smaller camera to carry with me, as mine is rather cumbersome and makes me look like a rich tourist, which I am certainly not. I would put a photo of it here, but I would have to use a mirror to do it. Yeah, I have to get a smaller one.
 After lunch Anibal informed me that the Valadores de Papantla were performing a ritual beside the main pier on the malicon and said we should go watch it. He explained that it was performed at this time every year and that the performers were picked by their fellow villagers for their purity of soul. This ceremony performed to celebrate spring and I am told to bring rain. This I hope is correct as much is lost in translation, but I think I got it right. If not, I’m sure someone will enlighten me, or at least I hope so.

I have’nt been able to figure out how to put the video on the blog yet, but here is the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment