About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Shack

One of the places I eat out at occasionally is "The Shack." It lies two blocks off the Malicon. To find it you turn up the hill at the statue of the Mermaid and the Dolphin. If you walk up the right side, it is two and one quarter blocks on the right. However, if you walk up the left side, it is only one and a quarter blocks on the right. I need the exercise, so I go up the right side! It's better for the ego, you know?

The writings on the wall  of the Shack are of cruisers and their boats. The Shack has the largest, one half pound, and best hamburgers in La Paz. Their prices are very reasonable also.

Travis was working on the roof the other day and crashed through it. He landed on a table and a chair, which broke his fall somewhat. Everyone keeps saying that he was lucky. That's what the doctor said to me when I fell three and a half stories and broke my back in five places, among several other injuries. My response to him was; "Bull Shit" Luck starts "BEFORE YOU FALL, NOT AFTER YOU FALL."

THE OWNERS, TRAVIS AND ROSE


YA SUPPOSE THE FALLING DUMMIE REPRESENTS TRAVIS ?



THE SAIL COVERED DINING AREA


LOOKING TOWARDS THE ENTRANCE


LOOKS GROUCHY, BUT HE'S REALLY JUST IN PAIN!

2 comments:

  1. Tell Travis & Rosie that I see The Shack mentioned on more cruisers' blogs than any other single restaurant in La Paz, even Rancho Viejo.
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great place for a burger, beer, and just hang out

    ReplyDelete