About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Work Completed...I Hope!

  • The parts for the roller furling arrived yesterday. The company said that since the supplier sent two sets of bearings by mistake and that I was the only one to ever order them and due to my paitence concerning the delays, he sent both sets for the same price.
  • I installed them yesterday, which was not as simple as one would think. It took several attempts and one tab broke off of one bearing. I placed the broken tab on the top side so that the bottom tab stops it from sliding up into the roller tube. The bottom tab rests on the Norsman connector, so it can't slide down. Hopefully, there is no unforeseen problems that this can cause. The system seems to work well at anchor, but the true test will be at sea!
  • I retuned backstay to #25 on Loos gauge, creating 4 inch rake on mast.
  • We also took the dinghy to shore, where we turned it over to clean and wax its bottom. It was certainly due!
  • Roger the refrigeration man came by and checked to see why it was not working on the refrigerator side, but worked great on the freezer side. The problem turned out as expected, a bad expansion valve. He was to research it last night and give me a price today. At $60 an hour, I hope he is most rapido!
  • Cleaned out and rearranged garage (quarter berth).
  • Judy had her hair cut to a bit above her shoulders, looks good and will be easier to maintain.

3 comments:

  1. Sure! Judy can cut her hair so it's easier to maintain but she won't let you cut your! Women!

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Steve. Let's see a picture of you with your hair above your ears. I remember when you would have called yourself a hippie ;-). Could not pass up the opportunity, especially since I have no hair left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well guys, I think the hair is getting short on its own, without my help. Aint it great getting old!

    ReplyDelete