About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Saturday, November 5, 2011

OVERDUE?

It is now November 3rd at 8am and I am faced with a dilemma. I just finished listening to the Sunrisa net and to my chagrin, Wind Raven was reported as overdue in La Paz by Steve and Lulu on Siempre Sabado who are in La Paz. Why? Obviously Judy forgot that I told her that I was going to take my time going down to La Paz, as I had 13 days before she was flying back from the states. As you know I did have some problems with the roller furling, which slowed me down even more, but I am certainly not overdue. Unfortunately, everyone else down here thinks I am and they are probably concerned for my safety. The dilemma is whether to cut my time in the islands short and go into La Paz to inform Judy over the phone that I am okay or try to send a message via another boat. If I do go in I will be stuck in La Paz for the next month at least. I can’t just run in and back out, as it is too dammed expensive to do so. It’s all about fuel and trying to save a dime. I guess that means an extra five days in stinky La Paz while I wait for Judy’s return. Yeah, I’ll go in, it’s the only way I can be sure she gets the message that I’m okay. Wish I had some way to call in, or send an e-mail. Oh well such is life.

YOU GOT IT...ANOTHER SUNRISE!


On the way from San Everisto to Isla Partida I caught a 30# Jack and two Dorado. I gave most of the fillets away to fellow cruisers last night when I arrived at Ensenada Grande, because the refrigerator still isn’t up to par and I didn’t want to let any spoil. If I knew then that I would be going in so soon, I would have taken more to Harley and Stephanie and also to Steve and Lulu. Sorry about that folks, maybe next time!

TYPICAL GEOLOGICAL SCENERY

I have to make a few minor repairs and fire up the water maker to fill the tanks while doing them. In so doing I will not be able to make it to La Paz before dark. That being the case I am heading for Bahia San Gabriel on the South end of Isla Isla Espirito Santo to spend the night. I will go into La Paz in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment