About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

THE END!

It is now the twentieth of November and Judy is back in La Paz. I have not made any posts lately due to being down sick with a virus. It was my fault, as I became lax in taking my daily dose of Echinacea, which has kept illness at bay for the past four years or so. I will heed this “hard knock” lesson in the future. I am on my way to recovery now, I am happy to say.


In the last 40+ posts we have had a total of seven comments, and these were made by three people who are followers. The rest of the followers are obviously in name only. I would like you to know that writing a blog and trying to keep it interesting with photos and details of our experience takes a lot of time and energy on my part. Uploading the photos alone takes several hours on each post, due to the poor internet connections down here. Judy has no interest in contributing to the blog, so it is all up to me, and frankly I am tired of doing this for people who show no interest. Therefore, I will no longer attempt to entertain the people who have not shown interest in the blog. It is just too time consuming and I would much rather spend that time enjoying the area. I do apologize to Stash Gal, Tracey, and my long time friend Coyote, who have been great supporters on the blog with their comments. I thank you and will keep you up to date through personal e-mails.

Due to said reasons, this blog will now be kept as a reference to mechanical repairs and technical data related to our sailing vessel Wind Raven! Basically, A "CAPTAINS LOG"


6 comments:

  1. I understand completely because the blob I did on the trip to Alaska this summer had a few comments in the beginning and then they stopped. I knew that it was being read but it felt like we had discovered a large hole in siber space to submit the blog to. After a while we started to also wonder if all the time it took was worth it. The plus side is that I can now go back and read it to bring back the memories.

    For some reason I have a feeling that you will be doing more posting on the blog on "Mechanical Repairs and Technical Issues" than you want to but it will be interesting to me to learn new uses for wire, duct tape, and 3M Caulking.

    Talk to you soon and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, Jay, writing a blog is time consuming and takes a fair amount of effort and discipline. I get enough comments on mine to know that someone is still reading. However, I started it for friends and family mainly and I know they're reading even when they don't comment. The rest of the readers are just gravy. I agree with Crazy Coyote about the blog being a record for yourself to look back on. Since I write so much on mine, I tend to not write the stuff down elsewhere. If I want to know when we arrived in La Paz for example, I go to my blog archives. If the big EMF bomb ever hits and wipes out all the electronics, I may never be able to find out which restaurant I thought had the best ceviche in town. But, I'd probably have bigger items of concern in that event anyway. So, it's been fun following you en blog but I guess now I'll just have to sit in your cockpit and listen to your tales instead.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay and Judy! Well, I am sorry to hear that you are bidding ado to the blog. I understand the time and just want you to know that I have kept up with your adventures and Mr. Bill has also. We will miss you! Keep having fun and glad that Judy made it home to take care of you!!! Judy, you know my email. Say hi once in a while! I will be thinking of you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the passing of the Jay and Judy Sail Wind Raven blog. As a lapsed blogger myself, however, I fully understand the time and effort it takes to keep a blog going. If you have an email list you copy updates to, please add mine to it. I still intend to get down that way and am always interested in your experiences. Talk care.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crazy Coyote! I'm sure you are correct about my posts concerning repairs. I already have several major repairs to do while here in La Paz, before we can take the boat out. Thanks for your continued support and we hope to see you down here fishing in the near future!

    Steve & Lulu....You two are always welcome on our boat. Besides, personal contact is much more rewarding than an electronic blog.By the way, have you checked out the new Super Mercado?

    Hi Horse Lady! Judy will keep in touch, as I will keep in touch with Bill. Tell Bill that I ended the Dorado season having landed 30 Dorado. No I didn't keep them all, I released some.The Tuna season will start any time now! Thanks to you both, you have been great!

    So Eric, what are your plans? When do you plan on comming down? The imigration laws have just been revised, better check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll miss reading your posts and seeing the photos. :( It was wonderful keeping track of my "sis" Judy and the adventures you shared.
    I'm glad you and Judy are happy and it sounds like you're having (for the most part) a great time sailing around.
    No one looks at my blog either but I still post to it for my own pleasure, not very often mind you. ;)
    It's been fun, stay safe and happy. <3
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete