About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The best made plans!

Yep, we are in San Diego looking for an inexpensive moorage where we can make repairs. We left SD at two in the morning 29.5 hrs ago. As we were rounding the first point about 15 miles out I discovered my gasket material on the fuel tank inspection covers had failed. Yep, water in the fuel again. Upon this discovery we decided to head back to SD. This decision was based on the seas being confused with 3' wind waves and around 4' swells running at 4 to 4.5 seconds and we were beating into the wind. Definitely not a comfortable ride. Especially for poor Judy, who was definitely beyond "green around the gills". I don't know why she insisted on chumming so much when I wasn't even fishing!

You know this reminded me of our friends ride from Newport to Charleston. Steve was at the helm in really nasty stormy weather for that portion, while Lulu was curled up below and occasionally "feeding the fishes". What is funny, is that we had the identical experience on that section of our the trip. They also had transmission troubles (Loosing Fluid). Yep, so did we. Hmm, I wonder? Maybe I should pay closer attention to their trials and tribulations. On the other hand, maybe I should pay less attention. You know, the KINEHORA aspect. Judy toooo!

Today we will secure a place and procure some GOOD gasket material. I am also getting a small amount of diesel fuel into the oil after engine shut down. I believe this to be caused by the high pressure injection pump. At the same time I am hoping it to be an injector. This of course is "yet to be seen". But hey, life is a test, right?

Hope you all have a better day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Judy, you should have your "sea legs" by now so you aren't "chumming the fishes" when Jay isn't fishing!
    I hope you get the engine fixes so you don't have diesel leaking into your oil.

    Up here in Oregon, we are in a endless storm attacks! Lightning, thunder, pouring rain and BB sized hail peppers the decks and land, up the street from me yesterday, I saw SNOW on the edges of the road!!
    The earth is squishy and soaked with water, the worms are climbing out of their holes for relief.I just fished a big one out of the rain barrel, I wonder how he climbed up it's steep plastic sides?
    Take care and don't get broached!!

    Sheila in Harbor Or.

    ReplyDelete