About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stuck in Coos Bay (again) sung to the tine of "Stuck in Lodi again" by CCR

Ten days here....and we thought the weather was getting better....NOW it looks like it's getting worse for the next few days thru the weekend......not a very clean port but our friend Gary came down yesterday and took us shopping for groceries (he and Jay) while I got taken to a laundromat to do the week's laundry...but it was cool they had a video arcade, vending machines for all kinds of stuff and boo koos of old Enquirer magazines to leaf thru.....I had NO idea that Carnie Wilson (beach boys kid) had porked out to about 300 lbs again after her gastric bi-pass and that Oprah and her best gal pal Gayle (somethingoranother) are having a feud......and that Russell Brand explained why he "slept around" so much cause he "wanted to make sure he found the right girl" before he married Katy Perry! The things I don't hear on the boat! so laundry was actually fun and informative.....ha ha

Back to real life: Jay and I found this great huge (30 x 25 ft) netting (I think it was a soccer goal net) at St Vinnie's and we have been making great storage nets for the v-berth sides and etc. to give us more secure storage for our "stuff".....

Boogie is in a depressed state right now...hope he gets better....he got in trouble for pooing in the v berth on the floor instead of using his box and Jay boxed his ears and yelled at him and he hasn't been the same since.....last nite I went to move him over to get into bed and he growled at me, bit me on the shoulder and gave me an evil look......I think since Jay is the alpha cat, he thinks he is second in line and he was trying to exert his alpha  #2 cat power over me.....I guess I am the wimp of "the family 'pride'" as I didn't fight him back........he is just sleeping a lot......wish I could till this bad weather is over. I don't want to get stuck in this yucky port much longer........hope our sailing friends Lulu and Steve and Lodie and Steve are faring better, but I hope we get out of this place and get to meet up with them again. Boy will I appreciate warmer, drier weather...keep praying for good waves and wind......Judy

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your sense of humor is still intact.

    We're still keeping our fingers crossed for you guys to get some decent weather.

    BTW, do you know about the laundry room in the RV Park? As marina guests, you're entitled to use it. Go through the gate by the Crab Shack. It's usually unlocked. Then the laundry room is kind of in the middle of the park. But hopefully you'll get out of there before you have to do laundry again.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Jay to be nice to my boogie.

    ReplyDelete