About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Two Margaritas!

Yesterday we received an e-mail from Steve and Lulu who informed us that they were taking their time and enjoying the leisurely pace. At the rate they are traveling, they should arrive here in a few more weeks. That will be just a week or so before Judy leaves for Oregon. We also tried our luck hitch hiking to Loreto yesterday. We got a ride in short order and arrived at the Wi-Fi coffee shop before ten. We experienced our first really bad restaurant here. It was beyond terrible, but the service (waiter) was very good. I have noticed that there are very few waitresses here in Mexico. I have no idea why, but it has been the case so far.


After walking around Loreto for a couple of hours, we decided to take the bus back to Puerto Escondido. The bus was very nice and air conditioned. I informed the driver where we wanted off, but I guess that is not how it works here. When I noticed we were approaching our stop, I told Judy and when we looked back up, our stop was flying by. She ran up to the driver, who was busy picking his nose, and said that was our stop he passed. He stopped the buss along side of the highway over a mile past our stop. Judy was not happy. As we departed the buss the driver started laughing. Now Jay was not happy and gave the driver a piece of his mind. This was to no avail of course, but it made me feel a little better as we walked back down the highway to our turn off.

It was a long hot walk back to the Marina and when we arrived it was decided that Judy could use a margarita in the upstairs bar while we used their Wi-Fi connection. I ordered Judy a margarita and myself a lemonada natural while she hooked up the skype headphones and called her daughters, one by one. The Drinks were huge and strong. She said the margarita was great, so when she was finished with the first one I ordered her another. Awhile later I told Judy we should get going, as it would be getting dark soon. She put away the computer and said “okay lets go.” I got my first clue that I might have a problem on my hands when Judy tried to stand up. I noticed she was definitely a bit tipsy, as she grabbed the table for support. Well I had to support her down the stairs, to keep her from going down head first. Once we got on the level I thought she would do better. This proved not to be so. When we finally navigated our way to the end of the dock, I told her to stand beside the water stanchion and hold on to it for support. I went over to the dinghy trying to keep one eye on Judy as I loaded it. Somehow she sat and then laid down on the dock before I could stop her. Great, now I had to get her back up and then get her in the dinghy without turning it over and going swimming. Somehow I did get her in without capsizing. How, I don’t know, but it sure wasn’t her fault. I have to admit that it was fun, as she was in hysterics the whole time. She laughed all the way out to the boat, especially when she almost would turn us over. No fear whatsoever! I was a bit apprehensive about how the hell I was going to get her up into the boat from the little dinghy. She behaved well when we arrived and even did as instructed. As a result, all worked out well and I tucked her in for the night. The amazing thing is that she didn’t even have a headache this morning. She felt chipper, but asked “how did you get me in the boat last night.” It seems that she had no memory of anything beyond arriving at the dock!

No comments:

Post a Comment