About Me

My photo
Now single male in search of true freedom via the cruising life on the high seas.

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Profile

Wind Raven

Wind Raven
Wind Raven Galley

Friday, May 25, 2012

AGUA VERDE TO ENSENADA BLANCA (BAHIA CANDELAROS)

On the 24th I hauled anchor at 8:am and headed out of Agua Verde for Ensenada Blanca.The wind was very light out of the South. After clearing the bay I put out my Mylar 150 genoa and there was barley enough wind to keep it full. After about an hour the wind picked up to around fifteen knots, perfect. Even with the dirty bottom, I was doing over 5 knots. Sure wish the water would warm up so I could get in and clean it off. In about five minutes the wind jumped up to 23knots and while I reefed it hit 26 knots. With the genoa reefed 50% and no main, I was doing almost 7knots,barnicals and all. Every once and awhile a heavy gust would hit and dip the rail. All at once the wind just quit, and I mean quit. I looked behind me and there was still white caps and three foot waves. How the hell does it do that? Now I'm sitting in dead calm water and can see the sailboat about two miles behind me healed over with sails full. Oh well, it was back to motoring.

I'm so thankful I'm a morning person, see the beauty and serenity you late sleepers miss? I couldn't decide which of the two sunrise photos I liked more. What do you think? Don't forget to click on the photos!

SUNRISE PHOTO #1


SUNRISE PHOTO #2

SUNSET


When I arrived I knew the word was out about Ensenada Blanca. There was seventeen boats anchored here, and I make eighteen. There were never over eight last year, damn, another popular anchorage. I should of kept my mouth shut as usual. I guess I'll never learn. Last night the wind hit over thirty knots from the west south west. Wind Raven was doing a jig, and bouncing around. It felt like she was under sail in heavy weather more than at anchor. It's supposed to repeat itself again tonight. I'm going to cut this short, didn't get much sleep last night. Enjoy the pics, and ADIOS por ahora. 

THAT WAVE IS COMING FROM THE SHORE ABOUT 1OO METERS AWAY!


Here comes the wind again folks..........................................

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying the trip North handling issues as they come up. Nice job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete